Adventure Gold Tokenomics Proposal v1

I want to put the AGLD in the exchange in my wallet today. Why can’t I vote?

My perspective is inflation rewards can be assigned to the following broad categories:

1. Builders

• AGLD “core” team to maintain the fundamentals such as an AGLD website, community channels, governance processes, partnerships, growth, listings, ambassador program, grants program, etc.
  • Projects who are likely to officially incorporate AGLD along-side Loot such as DivineDAO.

2. Liquidity Providers

• For example a ETH-ALGD rewards pool on AGLD website or something with rewarder contracts like Sushi Onsen.

3. Customer/Partner Acquisition

• Driving attention to AGLD by providing rewards to other token holders AGLD seeks to connect with.

This proposal of 8M AGLD inflation in first year ($20-$30M) is all-in category #3 above. I do agree with some of the voices within this thread that early stage inflation rewards should maybe be a bit more targeted and skew towards Builders.

We also should recognize that a large percentage of Loot and mLoot is not in the hands of builders and enthusiasts - instead in the hands of VCs and Asset Management organizations with early access knowledge and minting/buying bots.

I do agree with Will that aligning the Loot, mLoot, AGLD ecosystems is very important and this proposal can help achieve that. https://twitter.com/WillPapper/status/1455332766149660679. However allocating all inflation rewards going to this purpose and none to builders is probably not the right balance.

Note: I am part of an organization that has members working on Loot ecosystem projects (essentially at our own expense), and we are also one of the largest liquidity providers for ETH-AGLD. I am not asking for inflation rewards, but if there are to be any, I recommend that there is serious consideration of which type of contributors are likely to make this ecosystem a success and how they can be incentivized. Holding and staking mLoot / Loot is pretty low effort, I don’t see why that should be assigned the vast majority of inflation rewards.

1 Like

I agree that liquidity providers should get a rewards in a way. But I am not sure if LM incentives are right. I feel like in this case an Olympus-like mechanism, where the protocol own its liquidity and generate revenue for holders would fit :thinking:. What do you think ?

Also to discuss about having Loot and mLoot at the center of the minting mechanism, I feel like it’s is aligned with the vision, with the NFTs ruling the world and basically expanding the ecosystem by minting AGLD and allowing a better distribution, like a government would print money today except that this time the inflation is known in advance and doesn’t trick holders.

1 Like

Hi, we have a snapshot prior to the voting begins. If your tokens were not in your wallet at the time of snapshot they are not eligible for voting since we hope they are reflective of your opinion, not the exchanges.

we do have OHM like mechanism for V2. Stay tuned!

Wait, what is V2 ? Where can I follow this and where does this come from ?

Appreciate the effort! AGLD is in very early stage. We love the idea of liquidity incentives but don’t think steroids are good for now. We will keep that in mind for later-stage proposals. For this v1 we hope to get across inflation safe & sound. We will have an OHM like mechanism coming up in v2!

1 Like

Draft proposal coming out after v1 vote concluded for community to discuss. I have posted the framework of thoughts in Loot & AGLD Discord previously. Looks like people like it so it’s time for wider discussion.

1 Like

It is suggested that Loot and MLoot should be pledged to obtain new AGLD airdrops. Before airdrops, the use and consumption mechanism of AGLD should be established.

I think the loot community is already developing according to this proposal, so is loot a scarce asset now? I only see that the value of loot is getting lower and lower, the derivative projects built on it can’t even absorb new people, and only a few people are repeatedly casting.