AGLD Design Proposal

Please check the text, i added an edit based on broad consensus in the proposal in bold below the main body. Its my proposal and givenm the discussion i have personally been convinced that 5-10 is a little low.

5-10 has been left in the post to avoid any consufsion about my original posistion and both have been clearly seperated. I did not intend in any way to manipulate the discussion

1 Like

Airdropping AGLD to mLoot holders might ruin the purpose of mLoot in my opinion. If the airdrop amount is more than minting+claiming-mLoot floor, you have the economic incentive to mint mLoot just to claim the airdrop and dump it with mLoot afterwards. If the airdrop amount is less than claim costs, an mLoot owner has a good reason to not claim the airdrop unless he/she really wants to vote.

This issue is a little more complicated than it looks because even if the decided airdrop amount is in the sweet spot now (high enough so mLoot holders claim, low enough to not attract bots), any price change in the future might lead to one of the options I mentioned above.

The other thing to consider is that mLoot holders will have a lot less voting power compared to OG Loot holders (individually) even if they might represent the big chunk of Loot community in the future.

4 Likes

I think aGLD makes the most sense as a currency (gold). Loot itself can be considered a governance token. Policies that are the best for a currency are not necessarily the best for governance and vice versa.

Imo, no more AGLD inflation until we figure out a usecase and governence process, then we only inflate supply to reward play2earn gamers or build a treasury.

There is absolutely no reason to inflate supply to give to mLoot holders when there is yet to be a usecase for AGLD. mLoot holders can now use their free mLoot mint to play games and EARN AGLD.

We need to stay firm on this or AGLD will hyperinflate to 0.

6 Likes

Good point, leave everything as is until necessary

I added a proposal over here: A holistic proposal for AGLD - solve for mLoot and future proof the community - #2 by vishal444

I worry that if we just try to solve the mLoot situation today we will not have the tools to address the next conversation. I think we first need to figure out:

• what is the role of AGLD and how much AGLD is the community comfortable creating
  • what is the process by which a DAO figures out how much AGLD to create and how to use it

Without those two questions figured out first, we will just keep having this conversation about every project that gets a little traction

3 Likes

This seems like a really important comment.

Bruh, it’s obvious that people just want airdrops that they missed and we should not give in to them. It does absolutely nothing to benefit Loot’s ecosystem.

2 Likes

Yeah we could also just not include mLOOT in the core ecosystem. Just because its there doesn’t mean it has to be used

3 Likes

can dev make some clear statement that people wont get freak out they are selling in loss just because we are losing the trust and they are in fear its not anyway good for project. and atlest expalin to everyone what is difference btw loot and mloot if both came start to work together how mloot nfts are going to be different than loot ones becsue mloot nfts they are same but mythic and rare its making confusion in people and they are selling in loss becasue dev are not making this clear first. in this moment if we are paying 20 or 10 eth per 1 nft than in other side they are just minting those like hell.
thanks

there is no ‘dev’, the community decides the value of each

2 Likes

Isn’t this a very bad idea given that there are over 1 million mLoot that can be claimed, and if each one get an airdrop of even just 100 AGLD, that’s not only over 100m more AGLD, bots can literally mint these and make a profit because it only costs gas to mint them, and at the current market price of around $4 per AGLD, that’s a free $400 - gas cost. That would be a disaster.

2 Likes

since this was a failed launch where rarity does not matter - I say burn an mLoot, get some $AGLD for distribution

I disagree. I believe AGLD should just benefit Loot holders and the Loot ecosystem builders and players. By players and builders, I’m referring specifically to derivative builders like realms and islands - those devs should get AGLD for their efforts.

2 Likes

I agree with all of this. mLoot holders must be made to feel a full part of the community, anything less just hurts everything (including OG loot and AGLD holders). I support this

3 Likes

AGLD airdrop should at least cover gas fees in my opinion … Otherwise it’s a net loss

To maintain the purity of LOOT and all-derivatives within AGLD should not be tampered with!

It should be seen as the most precious and rarest of currencies and transacted with subtending currencies via AMM only.

AGLD is FREEDOM in the purest sense.
It should be left to flourish on its own.

BTC Proved Crypto could be Trusted
ETH Proved Crypto could have Function
LOOT is proving Decentralization/Freedom is a Force NOT to be reckoned with…
AGLD is the currency of that Force!

Buy screwing with AGLD you effectively debase the currency of the decentralization force that is LOOT.

Dont LOOT our progress by tampering with AGLD,

• let it flourish and bring even more fire and attention to LOOT!
2 Likes

mLoot was handled by Dom in such a rushed and ill thought way. It is already hurting the community.
We don’t need to compound that instability with an inflating AGLD.
Let AGLD work as the governance token and the Loot community to vote.
Buy a time at least for the gaming side to grow and flourish.
Don’t kill the Loot community.

1 Like

I think that not giving AGDL to the new members is killing the community. mLoot is the biggest chunk of the community and if they don’t get on board, whatever we build will be dead before launch

3 Likes

holder does not equal to community
community is bound together with a belief
community builds only when they have belief in heart
that belief is bound to the original loot and hence the original agld
we are all for the derivatives but not diluting that original design
diluting the original design is not the way the grow the community

1 Like