AGLD Design Proposal

I don’t think that a large amount of AGLD can be airdropped directly to mloot minter, because most of mloot may be concentrated in the hands of a few people with sufficient funds. I think it takes mloot holders to complete certain tasks to receive the AGLD needed to enter the meta world.

3 Likes

Why is airdropping tokens regularly being considered as the only way to make a coin inflationary? Why wouldn’t we just put play-to-earn mechanisms into our games?

8 Likes

how do you propose that, while:

inflating AGLD with 100 AGLD per mLOOT, of which there are 1 million ++ of them. basically diluting AGLD more than 100%.

thats rugging.

1 Like

Inflation concerns (Seasons) do have to be kept in check else the project will alienate it’s strongest supporters.

However the mLooters will understandably want a part of the pie, too. The fact is Loot will soon be an mLoot first project by participant count - they will grow to be a massive component of the system just due to the sheer mint size and we should have everyone aligned and on the same page.

I think this proposal is a great balance. It gives mLoot participants buy in and some of the aGLD rewards without dividing the community. Sure the numbers can be tweaked but the general outline is a great framework. Thanks @heygareth.eth. :fire:

5 Likes

I don’t see how airdrop will magically prevent forks to be honest. Let the fork come and let market decide.

3 Likes

There is no mLoot community. There is just Loot and AGLD.

Anyone with an ETH address can participate in the Loot metaverse by minting an mLoot bag.

3 Likes

Would throw these two ideas as potential options:

In order to empower the Loot community with wider democratic rights (without dividing the community into groups that receive AGLD airdrops and those that don’t) I suggest the following options for future voting/token structures:

Option A: Loot type and token
-OG Loot + $AGLD = ability to vote on Lootverse statecraft.
-MLoot + $AGLD = ability to vote on gameplay.
-More $AGLD in wallet = higher voting power within the parameters of your Loot type.

Option B: Token only
-$AGLD for Lootverse statecraft
-Silver version (ASLD?)for gameplay

2 Likes

Also, I don’t think it is necessary to issue airdrops to mloot in the same way that AGLD airdrops to loot. Why do we have to airdrop? ? ? The way of play to earn is also very good! ! mloot is cast as an NFT, which is a ticket to participate in the meta world. We don’t need to airdrop to mloot, and it does not have to be executed in the previous way.

1 Like

You’re mostly correct when you say there is no mloot community. We have a million bags that were mostly scooped up by bots. That is not what a community looks like. I would agree about letting the market decide on the forks. We can keep the builders here by paying them with AGLD and then we will have the best games and therefore the best utility to our tokens.

5 Likes

I agree and can help with anything moving forward.

2 Likes

This 100% makes sense!

1 Like

I like this - well reasoned and temperate. Catch is getting the drop to be not too big to mLooters and big enough to be worth the transaction fees.

Inflation is the surest way to destroy trust in a currency. Be careful!

because mLoot is inflationary

we should probably have the amount able to be claimed by an mLoot holder be lower the higher the mLoot id is

I support the idea of airdropping mLoot players with some kickstarter cash this coming season, alongside airdropping current Loot holders a set but larger amount of AGLD. Short term this will dilute AGLD market, but the priority should always be the integrity Loot and mLoot over that of ALGD.

Long term, as @ZKTruth.eth suggested, we should discard the airdrop model and take on a ‘staking’ model. Perhaps we do this as early as Season 3.

Players ‘stake’ their mLoot and Loot by participating in games. Simply playing earns your AGLD. Winning a game earns you more. The rate at which games divulge AGLD rewards can be DAO-regulating, thus regulating inflation. Deflation can come from fee-burning from certain games, i.e. EIP 1559. Some games can be ‘members only’, for <8000 Loot, incentiving the free-to-play mLoot to gain membership into the Loot club. Maybe in the future one can trade ALGD for <8000 Loot.

2 Likes

I would like to add to consideration the necessity to be able to limit any game that uses AGLD from having whales (people who bought a lot and early) from being insanely OP

2 Likes

To make it proportional to the 10k AGLD drop, I think you’d you want 60 AGLD per mLoot:

10,000/ (1,316,005/8000) = 60.79

9 Likes

So nice of you to initially type “5-10 AGLD to mLOOT” to garner early consensus only to edit it later on to “50-100 AGLD” once everyone’s onboard

LOL ruggers be ruggin

1 Like

Btw, not suggesting we should do this. Just doing the math for ease of conversation.

Another way to approach this would be to first determine the amount of inflation of AGLD then work backwards from that to the per mLoot distribution

1 Like

I agree with the foundational goals of this approach that current AGLD holders (especially people that bought in) should retain some degree of value while it also being necessary to bring in mloot holders.

My main concern is how to prevent people from mass minting mloot on discrete addresses to claim AGLD. A thought I had was requiring some kind of nominal staking with lockup period but that would almost certainly be cost prohibitive gas-wise. I personally don’t have a good solution proposal for this.

1 Like