Owner Bags

As we are working on a protocol (Root Protocol) to turn the Loot bags into a yield product i think keeping the bags in treasury is the right thing to do as in the future treasury will not need to sell the bags to fund anything but just hold the bags and craft individual items + upgrade them in level.

2 Likes

One thing that could be cool is to use these loots as reward for games.
I would be happy to setup my game so that it can receive a Loot and give it to the winner

2 Likes

I agree holding the loot gives more optionality and burning them is short sided.

There will be a tension between Loot and mLoot holders until there are reasonable mechanisms for both holders to take part and feel co-ownership.

At this point I can imagine how frustrating/fatiguing it may feel for others to see so many derivatives and not really knowing which one to spend time/ETH on.

I think that can be smoothed over by staking some of the Loot (and by proxy, co-signing) something like Treasure.lol’s farming mechanisms. It’s the most reasonable mechanism I have seen to date for derivative items and currency (MAGIC).

Co-signing and developing with that as an trusted in-game currency, combined with them listing mLoot imo will do wonders for all this chatter about appeasing different holders.

I vote for Option 4 (3B?): Dom keeps all the bags or burns them.

Extra Loot will distract the community and become the focus of discussion. Easy money is not sustainable and does not incentivize innovation. On the surface, having an established treasury appears to have only an upside, when really it’s toxic and will lead to further division and power plays.

1 Like

I think burning the bags is a mistake. The same thing happened with mooncats and ponderware. There were still some genesis cats that got burned after a community vote. Jut think of the stuff we could do with 200 Loot, with an average price of 10 eth per loot assuming there are some rare ones there thats 2000 Eth we’re throwing to the fire. Lets be creative rather than just burn them.
Or find a way to randomly distribute them between Loot holders, even that is better as it will give a chance for smaller owners to get a bigger stake but most importantly it would create more hype around Loot. This could even be done at a longer period of time, for example lets say like 1 loot each week/month for the next 200 .

Give Dom all loot and AGLD. I think it’s time for creators to get paid.

2nd best option would be weekly contests for best creator project, not as a drop for loot/mloot owners. Could be art, music, whatever. Maybe tie in rewards for participation in voting. Stuff to build up community and interest. This project should be focused on the builders. Loot can become viral by being more inclusive and rewarding to others. Making Loot legendary.

1 Like

I like the idea of bags becoming prizes for community contributions or quests, but practically I worry that this would be complicated to implement. If we can figure out the logistics it’s a no brainer

Absolutely agree, amen to this

@dom! You’ve planted a priceless seed in the imaginations of a generation of Web3 builders. The people/friendships/careers that will trace back to “I started with Loot” will shape the next chapter of the internet — and I’d go so far as to say that the ripples will make a meaningful impact on global society.

So like Avichal said, creators should be rewarded for their inspiration and depth. Help set the precedent.

• Mint the bags
• Keep them for yourself
• Sell them into the open market, gift them, hold them - whatever you want
• If you do lock them in any sort of treasury…don’t lock them for us, lock them away for your future kids

:purple_heart:

3 Likes

Given timing on LIP-1 and my honeymoon starting tomorrow, it might make sense for this proposal to happen in October when I’ll actually be able execute it. Would give a bit more time to discuss ideas here as well.

As a reminder, please participate on the vote on LIP-1 :slight_smile:
https://snapshot.org/#/loot-dao.eth/proposal/QmbHUUX1GZQRS7eQ9v7cZQ7J9kpEC96KLhUtkrDrufBGCc

3 Likes

In my opinion, this is not an effective use of the bags

Burn the bags

Let Loot be what it is, without control, endorsement, bias and politics. There are enough initatives and builders that will be able to create centralised and decentralised incentives around creation in the Loot-verse.

N.b. I’m highly in favour of AGLD being heavily inflationary to fund building in one part of the Loot-verse https://loot-talk.com/t/adventure-gold-tokenomics-proposal-v1/1156/47. There will also be VC funded building in other parts of the Lootverse and many other independent and organised efforts.

So, I’m highly in favour of incentivized building, but let the core primitive have maximum freedom and minimum overhead. Unleash creativity and let Loot be what it is.

Agree with this. But only use as the final/ultimate reward (like world boss etc.). So that players would have possibility of entry ticket to loot owners club. If there is a monthly world tournament with one loot reward, 200 bags could easily last for 16+ years. And that could possibility drive heaps of people playing, which in turn could use/trade derivatives of loot (gears, tokens etc) and makes loot more valuable.

bumping this entire thread up and adding my support to jpalmz argument. Dom earned them, now he can flex his creativity by deciding what to do with them. donate a portion to different treasuries, personally fund development, etc.

Dom should be awarded all the remaining bags. Creator must be rewarded!

Another vote for Dom to be fairly rewarded for the creation of an entire ecosystem