After yesterday’s sync up, decided to submit a few concepts to give inspiration for mechanisms for a cohesive and composable Lore writing kit in Lootverse, so that games can have a foundation in which to engage players. Factions is one method, so am outlining my idea here.
This one is the idea of Lore factions for Game usage.
Also, Round Two starts pretty much right after Round One, with more advice and steering to come
These are all just concepts, not official:
- Human (Order divisions for Sub-factions)
Then other races as NPC to start, to PC eventually:
- Undead Empire (Antagonist Faction with Hierarchy for sub-factions, the opposite of Life)
- Orkish Clans (Shaman and Warrior Clans, loosely Allied, love violence)
- Elvish Empire (Wood and Dark arch-types as sub-factions)
- Dwarven Kingdom (Gnomes, Halflings arch-types as sub-factions)
- The Last Giants (A dying race, hard to find, with a long-term game quest line to save)
- The Cognoscenti (A hidden society of any race, unknowable, many plans, chaotic to an outside observer, highly scientific and organized to those ‘in the know’)
Thanks and feedback always is lovely.
Have a good one,