Genesis Project Proposal - Synthetic Genesis Adventurer Quest

Summary
Create a Genesis Adventurer quest to find a synthetic loot bag containing a natural Genesis Adventurer (GA). The first adventurer to complete this quest for an Order will receive seven Genesis Mana (GMs) of that order from the Genesis treasury. All adventurers, including the one first to complete the quest for an Order, will receive a Loot Key which will unlock a Loot Crate which will be discussed via a separate proposal.

Abstract
The Genesis community has determined that while rare, there are a vast number of synthetic loot bags containing Genesis Adventurers. Statistically, the chance of a random wallet mapping to one of these synthetic loot bags is ~1 / 6T. That said, a Genesis community member has demonstrated the ability to inspect 600k synthetic loot bags per second, which means they will likely find one in less than 116days. If incentivized and crowdsourced by an Order/Guild, a tool such as this one could result in a synthetic GA being found much sooner.

Motivation
This is a novel way for the Genesis community to utilize the synthetic loot primitive in a way that inspires innovation and excitement for our community. Additionally, it encourages and provides an incentive for community members priced out of loot and GMs, to use their minds as a resource to earn loot within the Genesis ecosystem. Lastly and most importantly, if we launch this quest, we will find a synthetic genesis adventurer and that will be epic.

Specification
The Genesis Project will provide a smart contract that if called by a synthetic GA, will issue a Loot Key token and add the address to a known GA list so it can not be reused. The loot key will have a rarity factor based on the lowest rarity item in the synthetic loot bag (https://github.com/bpierre/loot-rarity) and also an Order based on the Order of the GA. As part of this proposal, the Genesis Project will commit to creating a follow-up Loot Crate contract where Adventurers are able to use these loot keys to unlock rare and epic loot.

To provide an immediate incentive for adventurers to start this quest, prior to the deployment of the loot key contract, I propose the Genesis Project reward the first adventurer to find a synthetic GA with seven GMs (one of each item) for the same Order as the synthetic GA. To prevent the Genesis Project from having to indefinitely reserve these GMs, the eight GM bonus bounty will have a one-year expiration from the start date of the quest. The adventurer who receives the first finder bonus bounty, will still be eligible to claim a Loot Key once that contract is available.

Poll
For: I support this proposal.
Against: I am against this proposal.

4 Likes

Well this is absolutely fantastic. The math is just pure geek magic and Nate’s proposal for how to translate it into a game is wonderful.

Check this out…

Our community derived the math to prove two things:

1. 1.92E+64 naturally-occurring synthetic Genesis Adventurers.
  • I’m just going to write that out because it’s a ridiculous number. There are:

• 19200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 naturally-occurring synthetic Genesis Adventurers :exploding_head:

1. In order to find just ONE of them, you’d need to check 6 TRILLION synthetic Loot bags (6 trillion eth addresses) :rofl:
  • That number has less zeroes but seems quite ridiculous as well:
  • One in 6,000,000,000,000 eth addresses is likely to have ONE naturally occurring Genesis Adventurer

However…like Nate said, someone already has a system that’s checking 600k/second, and he’s already come across a 7/8.

So this challenge, seems surprisingly…possible?

Please discuss below — we’d like to run with this, and would love feedback and ideas.

———————–
If you’re new to the Genesis Project, a tiny bit of background to help put this in context so you can understand what a Genesis Adventurer is:

Where did this come from?

We went deep into Loot’s data and contract, and unearthed a skin-tingling revelation (whether intentional or not) about the original structure and order of the bags, before they were shuffled.

From that discovery, a collaborative game emerged: a challenge to recreate the original, perfect, “genesis” Loot bags, the bags that were carried by the original beings of Loot, the Genesis Adventurers.

Learn more here — https://genesisproject.xyz/

So excited to hear some community feedback on this mathematically mind-blowing challenge :purple_heart:

1 Like

One tactical comment re: the word “all” —

“All” adventurers, including the one first to complete the quest for an Order, will receive a Loot Key which will unlock a Loot Crate

…even though they are only 1 in 6 trillion, given that there exist something like 192,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 naturally-occurring synthetic Genesis Adventurers…I don’t think we can afford to make this a Loot Key/Loot Crate for “all” winners :rofl:

Good point Timshel. Here is my proposed amendment to address this concern:

1. By splitting the quest and bounty into two separate components, Loot Keys that unlock a Loot Crate, we enable more control over the reward system (the loot crate). We can create the Loot Crate such that the value of the items it produces when opened slowly declines each time it is opened. As the number of loot keys goes to infinity, the value of the loot in the crate goes to zero. Note, my plan is to create a separate proposal to discuss the specific for the loot crate and I will ensure that proposal protects the integrity of the game if someone manages to create a mechanism to frequently find synthetic GAs.

2. We can further reduce the possibility of this game element becoming too strong or overused, by introducing a small mint fee for the loot key. I think it would be ideal to have the first 20 loot keys be free to mint (just like we did for GAs) but then charge a small (0.01ETH) mint fee for subsequent mints.

The fact that we are starting to get worried that too many of these are going to be found makes me excited to see how this plays out! I do agree with your sentiment though which is to never underestimate human innovation, especially with all the brilliant minds in the cryptosphere. It’s imperative we intentionally and strategically cap the upper limit for any new game component to protect the integrity of the game.

This quest sounds very nerdy-cool and a lot of fun. I know that @timshel and @Nate have put a lot of time and thought into the math, lore and gameplay/rewards for this quest and I’m supportive of The Genesis Project officially launching this as soon as possible. Nate’s idea of rewarding the first synth GA with 7 GM of the same order is a fabulous initial prize and then the ordered Loot Keys that unlock rewards we can determine in the future (probably some Lost GM, ATIME, or …) is a good way to be able to launch the quest now and fill in some of the details later. And it makes sense that each additional synth GA discovered should get a smaller reward until eventually there just isn’t a reward.

In the Loot Box contract we can also define multiple kinds of keys, .e.g if someone finds a synth GA with all named prefix items or even better an all-mythic “+1” synth GA . Then if someone actually finds ones of these super rare synth GAs (as if 1 / 6T wasn’t rare enough!) the community can decide how to reward that person.

Latest Revision

Summary
Create a Genesis Adventurer quest to find a synthetic loot bag containing a natural Genesis Adventurer (GA). The first adventurer to complete this quest for an Order will receive seven Genesis Mana (GMs) of that order from the Genesis treasury. Additional adventurers, including the one first to complete the quest for an Order, will be eligible to receive a Loot Key which will unlock a Loot Crate which will be discussed via a separate proposal.

Abstract
The Genesis community has determined that while rare, there are a vast number of synthetic loot bags containing Genesis Adventurers. Statistically, the chance of a random wallet mapping to one of these synthetic loot bags is ~1 / 6T. That said, a Genesis community member has demonstrated the ability to inspect 600k synthetic loot bags per second, which means they will likely find one in less than 116days. If incentivized and crowdsourced by an Order/Guild, a tool such as this one could result in a synthetic GA being found much sooner.

Motivation
This is a novel way for the Genesis community to utilize the synthetic loot primitive in a way that inspires innovation and excitement for our community. Additionally, it encourages and provides an incentive for community members priced out of loot and GMs, to use their minds as a resource to earn loot within the Genesis ecosystem. Lastly and most importantly, if we launch this quest, we will find a synthetic genesis adventurer and that will be epic.

Specification
The Genesis Project will provide a smart contract that if called by a synthetic GA, will issue a Loot Key token and add the address to a known GA list so it can not be reused. The loot key will have a rarity factor based on the lowest rarity item in the synthetic loot bag (https://github.com/bpierre/loot-rarity ) and also an Order based on the Order of the GA. As part of this proposal, the Genesis Project will commit to creating a follow-up Loot Crate contract where Adventurers are able to use these loot keys to unlock rare and epic loot.

To provide an immediate incentive for adventurers to start this quest, prior to the deployment of the loot key contract, I propose the Genesis Project reward the first adventurer to find a synthetic GA with seven GMs (one of each item) for the same Order as the synthetic GA. To prevent the Genesis Project from having to indefinitely reserve these GMs, the eight GM bonus bounty will have a one-year expiration from the start date of the quest. The adventurer who receives the first finder bonus bounty, will still be eligible to claim a Loot Key once that contract is available.

Poll
For: I support this proposal.
Against: I am against this proposal.

1 Like