Genesis Scrolls Round 2: {The Secret Curia}

Name/Pseudonym: {Raul On A Stool}
Contact Info: {Twitter/Discord, raulonastool}
Ethereum Wallet Address: {raulonastool.eth}

A young steward accompanied by a guard approaches the chancellor, nervously shaking.

The chancellor stood up from his chair and walked towards the steward, chin raised. He towered above the young man, who lowered his gaze. The chancellor glances at the guard.

“He says he saw something, sir.”

The chancellor returns his gaze to the steward.

“Speak,” he grumbled.

The steward cleared his throat. “Th-they opened a portal, sir. I s-saw it with my very eyes.”

The chancellor cocked his head. “A portal, you say. Are you sure? A portal hasn’t been seen in these lands for over a century.”

“It’s true, sir! The old man was carrying a large book. It started glowing and the portal just appeared out of nowhere.”

The chancellor scowled at the young man.

“Forgive me, sir.”

The chancellor turned his back to the steward and walked back towards his chair.

“Tell me this. How do a paralyzed old man and a young girl escape these halls?”

The young man stammered. “I don’t know, sir th-”

“I wasn’t talking to you!”

The chancellor drew his blade with his left hand and spun it towards the guard, slicing his neck.

The guard grabbed at his neck and fell to the floor, choking on his own blood.

The young man jumped back, avoiding the pool of blood. He trembled, tears rolling down his cheeks. The young steward fell to his knees and lowered his head.

“That’s all I know, sir! Please, don’t kill me. Please!”

The chancellor grinned. “You’re free to go.”

The young steward rose to his feet, took a glance at the dying guard and ran out of the room.

The chancellor motioned at another guard to approach.

The guard swiftly made his way to the chancellor and lowered his gaze.

The chancellor began wiping his blade on the guards shirt.

“Send in the Reaper.”

The guard stared at the chancellor in astonishment, “But sir, it’s-”

“I said, send in the Reaper”

“Right away, sir!”

I hereby waive all copyright and related or neighboring rights together with all associated claims and causes of action with respect to this work to the extent possible under the law.

2 Likes