TLDR: I would like to propose that Loot’s RoyaltyDAO funds a 50ETH grant to go towards a “Lootverse Ecosystem Round” in the upcoming Gitcoin season which launches June 8th.
Loot’s RoyaltyDAO = the on-chain treasury, which is governed through an on-chain voting process that was established in LIP-3. This treasury has 240eth from royalties in it.
This 50eth would be distributed through quadratic funding, and go towards things like:
- Lootverse public goods
- Updates to the Website
- The Quest Board
- Loot Town Squares, community organizing, community tools, Discord UX
- Social media
- A new Lootverse-wide subgraph
- A new and improved Loot stats contract
- The Loot distillation contract and bridge to Starknet
- etc, etc.
- Early stage projects and builders looking to make a commitment to build something in the Lootverse
- The Rift XP system
- The Tabletop
- Portals & Passageways
- Etc etc!
- Bringing the Lootverse to life with stories and multimedia
- The Open Quill Foundation
- Individual writers / creators / artists / musicians with ideas
I think that this Gitcoin-driven model is perfect for Loot, and could help unstick a bunch of things + kickstart a next phase for the Lootverse.
Before publishing this as a proposal to the Loot RoyaltyDAO, I want to bring this to y’all first and get feedback, pushback, or LFGs.
Next step: to move this to a Snapshot vote as a formality, and then set up an on-chain proposal on RoyaltyDAO and rally the Loot owners to vote so we can meet the RoyaltyDAO quorum (>160 bags).
- Yes we should give a 50eth grant to advance the Lootverse
- I have a significant change to the proposal
- No we should not do this