Vote proposal: Loot familiars/FLOOT - disable V1 claims

The project is almost 1 month old. We have not managed to mint 8000 familiars yet. Some V1 familiars did not claim free V2 familiars and it is uncertain how many claims will come through. With 903 V2 familiars in existence, the claims from 336 V1 familiars could cause non-trivial dilution. While the dilution would not be massive at 8000 familiars, at 903 familiars, it could prohibit some actors from depositing their 0.2 ETH.
The proposal is to disable the option: airdropWithV1Familiars in the contract at a specific point in time:

• do nothing
  • proceed and disable in 1 week
  • proceed and disable in 2 weeks
  • proceed and disable in 1 month

You can find out more about familiars and FLOOT here:

1 Like

After reviewing the contract, it doesn’t appear to be possible to prevent V1 owners from redeeming V2 familiars without also preventing the minting of new v2 familiars. There could be more exotic approaches like not reserve floots for V1 owners that don’t mint V2 familiars in time, but I fear that some people may purchase V2 familiars that were minted with V1s after the limit, and these people would be penalized without knowing.

A simpler alternative would be to halt the minting of V2 familiars with V1 familiars once all familiars that can be purchased have been minted. This way we can just turn of all V2 minting altogether and all V2 familiars will be the “same” in this respect. This may not satisfy the original intent of this proposal, but I believe is likely fairer based on what was said in the past and also simpler.

1 Like

I like the option with no FLOOT claim for people minting for free after a cut off date (that is people getting free mint V2 familiars from their V1 familiars).
I don’t see a problem with people purchasing V2 familiars on the secondary market with no claim for FLOOT. We’re running out of ETH, so soon we’ll lock the first portion of LOOT and send FLOOT to the familiar owners.
Majority of familiars on the secondary market will have no claim to FLOOT after this event.

Unfortunately, I don’t understand this option:

A simpler alternative would be to halt the minting of V2 familiars with V1 familiars once all familiars that can be purchased have been minted. This way we can just turn of all V2 minting altogether and all V2 familiars will be the “same” in this respect. This may not satisfy the original intent of this proposal, but I believe is likely fairer based on what was said in the past and also simpler.

Here is a revised proposal:

The project is almost 1 month old. We have not managed to mint 8000 familiars yet. Some V1 familiars did not claim free V2 familiars and it is uncertain how many claims will come through. With 903 V2 familiars in existence, the claims from 336 V1 familiars could cause non-trivial dilution. While the dilution would not be massive at 8000 familiars, at 903 familiars, it could prohibit some actors from depositing their 0.2 ETH.
The proposal is to not grant FLOOT to owners of familiars claimed from the free airdrop late. To be specific, the proposal is to not issue FLOOT token to V1 familiar owners minted using “airdropWithV1Familiars” contract function after a specific point in time. All airdrop claims before the cut-off date will be honored.
After the first batch of LOOT gets locked and FLOOT gets issued, a register will be needed to mark familiars that have had FLOOT already issued. Late airdrop familiars would land on that register.

-do nothing
-proceed and set a cut-off date in 1 week
-proceed and set a cut-off date in 2 weeks
-proceed and set a cut-off date in 1 month
1 Like

The vote will be active in 12 minutes:
https://snapshot.org/#/flootfamiliar.eth/proposal/Qma3xbJToqVGAL5xh4rmCp8LnirpcxjGLWCdTjgDoPogUW